IMPLEMENTATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF:
1.THE FACTORIES ACT, 1948, AND THE RULES MADE THEREUNDER.
FUNCTIONS UNDER THE FACTORIES ACT, 1948 AND THE RULES MADE THEREUNDER.
- Approval of factory plans
- Registration, grant & renewal of factory license
- Routine inspections of registered factories
- Inspections for new coverage of factories
- To attend complaints
- Investigation of accidents, dangerous occurrences & occupational diseases reported
- Initiate legal proceedings against the defaulters in the court of law & follow up for the same
- Recognition of Competent Persons, Safety Officers, Factory Medical Officers, Welfare Officers, Occupational Health Laboratories & Occupational Safety and Health Auditors under the Act and the Rules.
- Issue of Notifications, Framing & amendment of rules prescribed under the aforesaid Act
2.THE ENVIRONMENT(PROTECTION) ACT, 1986 (PART IMPLEMENTATION)
Functions under The Environment Protection Act, 1986.
- Implementation & enforcement of Manufacture, Storage & Import Of Hazardous Chemicals Rules, 1989 in the factories registered under the Factories Act, 1948.